Friday, April 19, 2013

I am a worthless employee, just like Homer Simpson! Give me a promotion!


Yesterday, I was with my September kids in class and R comes in and asks to speak with me at 330, when I am done class.

OMG. WHY? I know I missed the staff meeting in the AM but I SMSd him and said I was at the docs.

Apparently, during the meeting, he was crapping on about the upcoming Audit, which means he will be super busy. Well duh, we all know that.

Due to that, he can't really devote as much time as he should (and has not been doing AT ALL) to Research. He needs help. He needs someone to take on a leading teacher role in Research.

He asked me to do it.

3 weeks ago, I more or less felt like he was going to fire me or at the very least, that my contract would not be renewed. Now, he wants me to do more or less all of the co-ordinators duties (without all the co-od pay). I will be paid a little extra for doing this leading teacher role, but not that much (Maybe $4K a year, which works out to about $70 a week extra! WHHOOOOTTT VEGAS BABY! :P)

Being a teacher, however, is never about the money.

Keeping my job at IES for the future is. I love working there for the most part. I fear if I say no, I will be toast at the end of the year. If I say yes, I will have to work more with R who annoys the fuck out of me. That said, at the same time, I can make sure that Research is some what more organised than it is now. I may have issues trying to get one of the teachers on board, but for the most part, I know I can do this job.

I could type out what he wants me to do, but suffice to say that other than writing Performance Criteria and evaluating the teachers, it's mostly being a co-ordinator of the subject.

I have to let him know by Monday.

Do I want this?

No comments:

Post a Comment