Thursday, May 30, 2013

Smithers: Sir, the actors are here to audition for the part of you. Burns: Excellent.


SPOILERS!

I need to get this off my chest about Hannibal.

First episode PISSED ME OFF. Will Graham is NOT 'on the spectrum'. He's just really fucking good at his job. Being good at something =/= autism/idiot savant.
Laurence Fishburne as Crawford? Oh please.
Freddie Loundes as a woman? OH PLEASE X 10.

Mads as Hannibal. GIMME MORE!

My problem lies in that this TV series is all meant to take place BEFORE Hannibal is caught and yet, there are so many references to Red Dragon and Silence of the Lambs that I just can't. You can't reference a movie/book where Hannibal is in jail and then use it in a TV series before he is even caught.

Are the directors doing this so we can 'relate'? ANYONE who has seen the movies or read the books knows that a lot of the lines being spoken were shared between Graham and Hannibal while Hannibal was in prison. BLARGH!

Freddie Loundes is really pissing me off. If they are trying to make her a love interest, I will lose my collective shit. She deserves to be set on fire and sent through a parking garage. Just saying.

The more the show goes on, the more Hannibal I see, the more I like it. MORE HANNIBAL, less Graham.

The last episode (#6 for those up to date) felt like the biggest rip off of Silence of the Lambs EVER. While I liked the idea of Eddie Izzard as a baddie, it was not some random who attacked a nurse. Ok, I'll give him creativity points for the way he killed her, unlike the mere eating of her face that Hannibal gave her in the books/movies. The killing of the Junior Clarice pissed me off. If she was as smart as Crawford made her out to be, she's not have been killed. Again, total rip off of the books, only done badly. Hannibal stabbed Graham when he put the pieces together. Graham lived.

Am loving watching Hannibal feed people, especially Crawford and Graham. I don't care what he says, he's feeding them humans. It's awesome.

I can't stop watching but at the same time, I wish they would leave the fucking books/movies alone. This should have all taken place BEFORE Hannibal's capture (AKA: GET YOUR OWN STORY FOR THE TV SHOW). There's not been a book written about that. There are references in the others. I do love the Mason Verger story in the book 'Hannibal'.

Also, for those of you watching The Following, can I just say WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT LAST EPISODE?!?!?!? How do they expect me to wait another 12 months to resolve this one????!!!!!! Love The Following. LOVE IT.

Hannibal...you better pick your socks up before Joe Carroll becomes my new favourite sociopath.

No comments:

Post a Comment