Thursday, November 22, 2012

Mizu in Brisbane Birthday Dinner

My birthday dinner at Mizu in Tenneriffe was pretty damn good. When we got there, the hostess said that we could not order the Wagyu steak, which worried me, as I was sure that was what G was having. I asked if that meant all Wagyu foods were off the menu. She said that there was a Wagyu steak with soy butter on special. SIGN US UP! Untitled

After much contemplating, I went with the sushi platter. We had starters as well. OMG YUM! Edamame is possibly my fave food. It was yummy yummy.



Untitled

Their gyoza was really yummy too. It could have been a bit crisper but it was nice. Untitled

We tried the ebi kushi age, which was deep fried prawn balls with a wasabi mayo. YUMMERS! G, who is not a fan of prawns even really enjoyed them!
 Untitled

The tempura was nice and light, not too oily, which is good. Untitled

G had the Wagyu with soy butter and rice. OMG it was so goddamn yummy. Melt in your mouth beef cooked in possibly the most delicious sauce I have ever had.







Untitled

 I had the sushi platter. It was HUGE! I always wish that they include more tuna than they do, but that is my preference for the tuna and not so much for salmon. That said, their salmon is good. The rolls were nice and the presentation was fabulous.


Untitled Untitled Untitled


We managed to finish it all. BURP!


Untitled

We even had room for dessert. G had the kuragoma cake, which was a sesame cake and I had the azuki banana chocolate.

Untitled Untitled

It was a good dinner. A bit expensive but really delicious. I would definitely go back there.


Mizu on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Hi ,

    Your first posts just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/337/1360793/restaurant/Brisbane/New-Farm/Mizu-Newstead

    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

    - Go to your blog page on our site: http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/337/9758/Brisbane/SCORE-ONE-FOR-LIQUOR-AND-POOR-JUDGMENT.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

    If you have any questions, please contact me via email.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete