Sunday, November 18, 2012

You're a dull boy, Billy.

Never a dull moment around here!!

Thursday, we started to have what looked like brown out moments in the house. Lights were at half power, if they turned on at all. Weird. Called Energex. They came. Turned off all power. Said they could not get to the box that they needed to get to and that they would have to leave the power off over night. SHIT!

G stayed home Friday to deal with them and the landlord. Thankfully, the rental agent and landlord gave us no grief and had someone come over ASAP to fix it all.

While waiting, we sat under the house and played trivia and chatted. Whiskey, trivia and chatting makes for a great afternoon!! :D

Saturday, we had my belated birthday dinner at Mizu. That deserves it's own post. :)

This weekend's been pissing down with rain since late Friday. FUN!

Sunday, I marked papers. G faffed about on the PC. I made dinner. I had just put the veggies on to boil when I heard voices. I thought it was someone next door. I heard someone say "I just need a place to sleep. Just let me sleep." I assumed that it was fuckwits from the back flat next door.

Boy, was I wrong.

I went to the top of the stairs and heard G talking. The voices were coming from under our house.

An aboriginal man had somehow made his way under our house and was trying to convince G to let him stay there overnight and sleep. G, being the calm person he is, just kept saying "No, sorry, you can not stay here. You can't come into someone's private property. You have to go."

The guy, who said his name was Carl, told us to call Murri Watch

G went upstairs to get his phone. I stayed to make sure Carl didn't hurt himself. When he saw me standing there, he got really aggravated. He called G a dick head and then called me a cunt. He said he was going to bash me. He stood up and was facing the wooden slats that separate the outside from underneath. He stumbled forward, narrowly missing the BBQ gas bottle and smashing his face into the concrete floor. He got back up and started to walk towards me, calling me names and saying he was going to bash me. G came downstairs then with his phone and the house phone. I demanded he give me the phone and I called 000.

I rang 000 and said we had a drunk, homeless, possibly mentally ill person under our house and he was threatening to bash us. He'd said to call Murri Watch and the operator said "Oh ok then" and told us to stay in the house and lock the doors. She send someone out.

G came back upstairs. He called Murri Watch. I was in the kitchen when I heard a crash. Carl had apparently tried to walk some where under the house and fell over a bunch of boxes we have down there. *sigh*

When I finally got him into a chair, he got really angry at me again and asked me why I didn't want to help him. I said I did but he didn't appear to want to help himself.

The cops came and  asked if we wanted to press charges. The one cop, who I am sure I met when we were dealing with the Phil issue, said that Carl is a known grub and if we don't press charges, he'd come back and loot the house. When I mentioned about him threatening me and calling me a cunt, G got really upset and said we would press trespassing charges but nothing else. By saying that, it means that Carl goes to the watch house tonight and court tomorrow and they had the power to arrest him.

The cops shoved him into the paddy wagon and said that if we had any problems to call them. I asked if we needed to make a statement and they said probably not. They doubted Carl would remember this in the morning or even where he was. He had no idea how he got here and where he was.

Once the cops left, we came upstairs and tried to eat.

Never a dull moment in our neck of the woods!!! O_O

No comments:

Post a Comment